According to analysts, email security solutions from multi-product vendors have lagged behind changes in the threat landscape and email threats bypass traditional threat prevention technologies. As a result, they recommend assessing the advanced threat defense capabilities of incumbent email security solutions, supplementing them or replacing them to fill gaps.
In fact, according to Verizon’s 2017 Data Breach Investigations Report, two-thirds of all malware leading to security incidents are initially delivered via email. That’s why you need the powerful protection of FortiMail, as a high performance physical or virtual appliance in your data center, to help secure the dynamic enterprise attack surface with your Fortinet Security Fabric.
The basic security capabilities typically provided by email security gateways are all supported by Fortinet FortiMail: antivirus, antimalware, antiphishing and antispam. In addition to these capabilities, Fortinet FortiMail also provides all the advanced capabilities offered by more sophisticated email security gateway products. This includes executable sandboxing and threat intelligence feed use — which both help improve malicious content detection accuracy — as well as data loss prevention (DLP) and email encryption, which can prevent unauthorized exfiltration of the organization’s sensitive data via outbound emails.
Fortinet FortiMail is an email security gateway product that monitors email messages on behalf of an organization to identify messages that contain malicious content, including spam, malware and phishing attempts. When Fortinet FortiMail detects malicious content in an email, it stops that email from reaching its recipient, thus preventing the associated attack from succeeding. For most organizations, the majority of threats against them are email-based, so having an email security gateway has become a necessity to reduce the number of successful attacks that occur.
FortiMail Virtual Appliances deliver proven, powerful messaging security within virtual or cloud infrastructures for any size organization or service provider. Purpose-built for the most demanding messaging systems, the FortiMail-VM utilizes Fortinet’s years of experience in protecting networks against spam, malware, and other message-borne threats.
- Top-rated effectiveness: Routinely earns top marks in Virus Bulletin, AV Comparatives, ICSA Labs and other independent third-party testing.
- Comprehensive coverage: Antispam, antiphishing, anti-malware, sandboxing, data loss prevention (DLP), encryption, and message archiving in one solution.
- High performance: Advanced architecture for industry-leading message handling that swiftly processes today’s huge email volumes.
- Easy deployment and operation: readily deployed in place or in support of legacy email security solutions.
- Analyst recommended feature set: ranked as a leader in IDC’s Email Security Marketscape in 2016.